Hello and welcome to my blog. My name is Alfonso
Manas and I’m PhD in Ancient History, member of the research group HUM-865 (Sport and
Olympism in the Ancient World) of the University of Granada, and member of the
reviews team of The International Journal
of the History of Sport. My main research interest are gladiators (my PhD dissertation
dealt about that subject, the title being Munera
gladiatoria (gladiatorial games): Origin of Mass Spectator Sport). Apart
from that, I'm also interested in armed combat sports in antiquity, women’s sports
in antiquity and mass spectator sport.
I've published several articles about those themes
in some of the world's most prestigious journals of sport history. If you want
to have a look to some of my more relevant articles you can find them in the
following links:
My work has also been widely echoed in some of the most important media,
namely, National Geographic, Fox, NBC, etc.:
You can contact me at:
alfonsomanas1@hotmail.com
Vinari letari ludere ridere hoc est vivere
Some photographs:
In front of the building in question:
In front of the building in question:
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario